- RSS Channel Showcase 2604729
- RSS Channel Showcase 4172913
- RSS Channel Showcase 7044158
- RSS Channel Showcase 4806284
Articles on this Page
- 07/21/13--04:00: _Dear ?: A Peace ...
- 03/02/14--05:00: _Facing the Past Tense
- 03/30/14--05:00: _The View From Waver...
- 05/04/14--05:00: _On Either Side of t...
- 06/22/14--05:00: _The First Peace in ...
- 06/29/14--05:00: _The Light in Our Stars
- 07/06/14--05:00: _There’s Still Time ...
- 08/10/14--05:00: _The Life Cycle of a...
- 10/19/14--05:00: _The Eddying of Expe...
- 11/02/14--04:00: _Seems I am on the R...
- 02/08/15--05:00: _Testament of Friend...
- 03/01/15--05:00: _Maintaining Moderat...
- 04/05/15--14:11: _Unplugged to Get Re...
- 04/12/15--05:00: _The Highest Good: N...
- 05/04/15--11:38: _On Expedition….
- 07/19/15--05:00: _The Expedition of N...
- 08/16/15--05:00: _Bits and Pieces: Th...
- 11/22/15--11:59: _Reflections: A Stit...
- 01/10/16--15:51: _As My Laundry Lay D...
- 04/25/16--10:23: _Looking Through the...
- 07/21/13--04:00: Dear ?: A Peace Letter
- 03/02/14--05:00: Facing the Past Tense
- 03/30/14--05:00: The View From Waverly: Bottoms Up!
- 05/04/14--05:00: On Either Side of the Windowpane
- 06/22/14--05:00: The First Peace in Relationship is Life Anew
- 06/29/14--05:00: The Light in Our Stars
- 07/06/14--05:00: There’s Still Time to Make Art
- 08/10/14--05:00: The Life Cycle of a Moment
- 10/19/14--05:00: The Eddying of Experiences
- 11/02/14--04:00: Seems I am on the Right Planet After All
- 02/08/15--05:00: Testament of Friendship
- 03/01/15--05:00: Maintaining Moderation Requires Graceful Shifting
- 04/05/15--14:11: Unplugged to Get Rewired
- 04/12/15--05:00: The Highest Good: No Fight, No Blame
- 05/04/15--11:38: On Expedition….
- 07/19/15--05:00: The Expedition of No Return
- 08/16/15--05:00: Bits and Pieces: The Reality We Have
- 11/22/15--11:59: Reflections: A Stitch in Time
- 01/10/16--15:51: As My Laundry Lay Drying and Other Tools of the Trade
- 04/25/16--10:23: Looking Through the Lens of Limitation
July’s Bloggers for Peace Post is to write a letter for peace, which was a real challenge for me beginning with the salutation. The question mark is preferable to a mere blank as there is an acknowledged mystery in the question mark as well as an implied unknown and perhaps uncertainty. Yet, as mindfulness or […]
writefromtheranchforpeace6Co-existence on the Row 0713Peace on the Row 0713Summer at Waverly 0713
Do not stand at my grave and weep, I am not there; I do not sleep. I am a thousand winds that blow, I am the diamond glints on snow, I am the sunlight on ripened grain, I am the gentle autumn rain. When you awaken in the morning’s hush I am the swift uplifting […]
Curiosity is standing on a moment’s edge, sharp with uncertainty, and deciding the leap is worth the risk. Staying curious closes the door on the known and opens us to the thrill of exploring familiar territory as if it were the first time. When the “world is too much with me,” I escape to Waverly […]
writefromtheranchAmong the Muck 0314Almost bobbing ducks 0314Swimming Away 0314
We are always in relationship–some small, others grand–ours is to co-exist. Life is what we have in common. It is sharing space with one another, including the insect in the room. In the subtropical climate in which I live, co-existence with insects and bugs is possible year around. There are seasonal changes, sometimes marked by […]
writefromtheranchwatching 0314Woods within 0514Bunny right side 072813
This past Monday, feline EmmaRose and I experienced the imperative inherent in impermanence. One being can never know another completely, which is as it should be. The richness of relationship, its mystery, keeps us curious and often, in awe. As a cat, EmmaRose is ever present. Routine is her preference for that means food and […]
writefromtheranchIn her sun 0413Staying with Familiar 0614KMHuberImage; Meditation Cat;
It is the second day of summer in the northern hemisphere, June 22nd, the first day when the amount of sunlight no longer increases for the longest day of 2014, the summer solstice, has passed. In what will seem no time at all—just a jumble of days and nights—it will be the shortest day […]
writefromtheranchSingle movin' 0614Goslings 0614movin' for Maurya blog 0614
Perhaps each life is a painting, an infinitesimal rectangle or even the equanimity of a square. Beginning with a blank canvas, an entire life swirls with the colors of choice, shifting scenes until ultimately blending into the tapestry of existence. Existence is endless art, it seems, as delicate and precise as a sand painting—a mandala—once […]
writefromtheranchnatural art 0514Art 0514
Initially, this post seemed to be about dying into the moment and that was its working title. Working titles are quite Zen, I think. They are as impermanent as are the moments of our lives and just as complete in their birth, life, and death. So the title of the post is now, “The Life […]
writefromtheranchThree at Waverly 0714Wave upon the water 0514
(Regular posts will resume by November 2, 2014) We are stardust—we know that—but as we are dust so are we energy. It is from this energy that we have a momentary experience as a human being, a blade of grass, or an armadillo. And when we are no longer in this physical dimension, we remain […]
writefromtheranchSeattle stars 012512KMHuberImage; McCord Park; Tallahassee; Florida
I have never been fond of the practice of finishing someone else’s sentences. Memory reminds I am guilty of it but less so in later years. Of course, it depends on who’s having the conversation and the nature of their relationship. Certainly, some topics lend themselves to a cooperative effort in constructing a conversation, sentence […]
writefromtheranchJust beginning 1014on the right planet 1014
The past ripples round me. It is a time of reflection—one last look—before I let go. In reflection is the unchanged past but looking through the eyes of the present, I am changed. Sometimes, it feels like we are not remembering as fully as we might those loved ones who have died. It is the […]
writefromtheranchkmhuberimageWeather in weather 0314Sun and Sand 1013
For me, moderation is elusive. I struggle for balance—the measure of moderation—at times, my struggling is painful. When I become aware of pain, however, is when I cease suffering from it. I aim for even on the day I have rather than going in search of the day I want. [When] balance comes of its […]
writefromtheranchocean pine 0215
This image is of EmmaRose in her favorite place—in her plush and if necessary, heated bed–practicing her favorite pastime. If you live with a feline, you are constantly reminded how integral sleep is to life. It is the way sentient beings unplug and get rewired, which is what EmmaRose and I have been doing for […]
writefromtheranchAt Rest 0215large waves 0215Sun and Sand 1013Every Day 0215
Without a fight, there is no blame. This basic truth can be found in the Tao te Ching—no fight: no blame—as well as in the major texts of many spiritual traditions. Blame seems that integral to the human experience. In last week’s post I chose the phrase aflame with blame as a reference to its incendiary […]
writefromtheranchTurtle Row in fall 1013High Tide St Marks 0214
It is time for me to explore the latest results of impermanence–physically and emotionally–so there will be a pause in posts. It really is an expedition, of sorts, this exploration of my mind and body as one. The two are a single continent now, although once I saw them as separate countries, accessible only at […]
writefromtheranchWho Has My Back 0215
“You are one injury away from becoming a quadriplegic.” “Now, you are not pregnant, right?” Both of these sentences are great openers for blog posts. Certainly, each could be its own blog post. Yet, these two statements reveal the range of emotion as well as the kinds of obstacles that marked my recent health expedition. […]
writefromtheranchPeeking 0215Closer Reflection 0215ocean pine 0215Every Day 0215Endurance 0515
If we live in the moment, we work with the reality we have. Sounds good, if a bit obvious or perhaps platitudinous. Yet, it seems the way to experience the best of what is being offered. And if we are not thrilled with the reality we have, we need only remember that like the weather, […]
writefromtheranchSun and Sand 1013Peeking 0215Compassion Jug 092113
Every moment we experience is a stitch in time sewn into a series of scenes. This is the tapestry of a lifetime, a collage of experiences on what it is to be human. If used wisely, this rich and precious fabric is a remarkable reference. The tapestry reveals the scenes that made us who we […]
I did not immediately recognize the connection between the way I dry laundry and the way I write. There is a bit of forever about the time it takes damp laundry to dry in a subtropical climate. As well, for some time I have been content to let my sentences grow at will. For both, time […]
writefromtheranchER Toy ShirtNote the Wyoming Flag filling out the State of FloridaAs I lay drying 0116Rock and Hard place 1014palm legs 0116Clean Slate at an Angle
For nearly four decades, I viewed disability through a lens of limitation. For me, that shutter had only two settings, open or closed, a.k.a. able or disabled. Some years, I fully embraced the label of disability, assuming it as my identity. And then better health would return. Always, I believed the return permanent, and it […]
writefromtheranchLooking within 0213The Pause of Life 101313Sparkling Waverly 1013High Tide St Marks 0214