- RSS Channel Showcase 6968936
- RSS Channel Showcase 6927456
- RSS Channel Showcase 5760520
- RSS Channel Showcase 6274354
Articles on this Page
- 07/25/16--12:32: _Aiming for Even…Wit...
- 11/14/16--09:22: _Sitting Silence
- 05/07/17--09:55: _No Ground Beneath M...
- 09/12/17--12:06: _One Storm at a Time
- 05/25/18--08:52: _Are We Americans?
- 07/09/18--10:13: _The Peace in Thinki...
- 10/26/18--08:37: _Every Time He Shake...
- 07/25/16--12:32: Aiming for Even…With Wheels
- 11/14/16--09:22: Sitting Silence
- 05/07/17--09:55: No Ground Beneath My Feet
- 09/12/17--12:06: One Storm at a Time
- 05/25/18--08:52: Are We Americans?
- 07/09/18--10:13: The Peace in Thinking Bigger
- 10/26/18--08:37: Every Time He Shakes His Tail
Every post that appears on this blog bears little resemblance to its initial version. In life, there are best laid plans and then there is what happens. However, this post is different than any previous, not in substance but in laying out a plan, making a commitment. That’s a bit risky for one who lives […]
writefromtheranchMusing CatMeditative Morning 1114Wheels 0716Sun and Sand 1013
In times of loss, I have always gone silent. To me, silence has always been a response but it is only in these later years that I learned to sit silence as a response to loss. Certainly, silence has been my only response on this blog for well over three months. Almost daily, I posted on […]
writefromtheranchwatching 0314Emma meditating 0313In her sun 0413
I wonder how many times letting go is accepting what has already gone. When reading a book, I have been known to pause at the end of a chapter. I like to sit with good writing and let it wash over me. Sometimes, the better the writing, the longer it takes me to finish a […]
These past two weeks have been a bit of a hurricane for me, a storm within a storm but today’s post focuses on Hurricane Irma. She took her time crossing Florida and many parts of the state are devastated and without power. At times Tallahassee was in Irma’s path but she turned northeast, not before […]
I write about change, which I do not find easy nor do most. We resist before we act, hoping not to have to change our lives. It always means some kind of loss but the longer we avert our eyes, the greater the effect. Many other sentient beings are dying off (or being killed outright), … Continue reading Are We Americans?
Who is not looking to live with peace of mind, to rest in the reality of every day, to frustrate the frenzy in favor of calm. No one wants to ride the roller coaster forever. It’s exhausting. My way is Zen, which provides perspective but not escape. I don’t get to detach from the chaos–create … Continue reading The Peace in Thinking Bigger
I was in my late 30s, finishing my Master of Arts thesis, when I finally understood writing as a process. Admittedly, it sounds silly but in 1986, the “how-to” of writing was threatening an academic tradition once thought unassailable, at least in the English department at a small university in the Rocky Mountains. It was … Continue reading Every Time He Shakes His Tail
High Tide St Marks 0214writefromtheranchKMHuberImage; oneness; St. Mark's Refuge FL